My boyfriend has a female friend.

And I am perfectly okay with it. They are close friends, and it doesn't bother me. Why does it bother so many other women in the same situation?

countrygirl1987

Asked by countrygirl1987 at 3:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• Not sure. Mine has many female friends

Answer by admckenzie at 3:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My husband has many female friends and I only have issues with a couple who before he met me didn't give him the light of day and then once we got together it turned into a flirting competition for those girls, not to mention I began to hear talk that they were going to "try and steal him back" from me... yeah I made him cut those crazy girls out. But the rest he has kept in touch with, and if very good friends with them and I have made them my friends as well.
    I know people who have issues with me allowing my husband to be "Friends" with other woman and it's because I trust them, I know them and it's none of their business lol.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 3:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It doesn't bother me. DH has lots of female friends. Most of them are married to our guy friends though. If DH came home one day & said he met a new female friend & they started hanging out all the time without me, then i would begin to be bothered by it. But, as long as we're all friends, I'm cool.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Insecurities.
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 3:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Jealousy, insecurities.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 4:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• guess it depends on the situation.

I have several male friends and one of them prides himself on the fact that he can be a complete gentleman, and that he values friendships enough to not the line in friendships.
    that there's a time and a place, and when it comes to his friends he just doesn't go there.

I guess it depends on the guys. Some guys can't be just friends with a woman.

my buddy, I look at this way.............
    he's one of my girlfriends, but with different plumbing!

and no, he's not Gay BTW.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• because some woman are real jealous nd some of the men in this world are hard to trust special if you been cheated on before
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Insecurity, Jealousy, Immaturity... I have never understood it either...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 7:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Insecurities, and nope, I don't understand it either. Jealousy is such a wasted emotion.
    VanBurren

Answer by VanBurren at 9:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011