Just an FYI NO 1-2 Day Refund Loan from H&R Block......

My sister said they are not offering this anymore, so I called and it is true, they said it will take 8-15 days for us all if we go through H&R Block..... Anyone know why or what happened for this to happen??

Korysmom96

Asked by Korysmom96 at 3:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• Maybe they will be using the new "debit card" system the government is implementing as an alternative to those loans (that cost people a healthy chunk to receive)...
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 3:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• They were taking advantage of folks with fees. Try Hewett Jackson. They have them
    http://www.jacksonhewitt.com/

Answer by admckenzie at 3:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• lol, I mean Jackson Hewitt!

Answer by admckenzie at 3:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• doesn't that take a lot out of the refund?? I always wait to get my refund in the mail, I don't need the money that bad that I would pay all those fees!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 4:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• durn! We were going to use H & R block this year cause last year Jackson Hewiett screwed us over.
    katiebug840204

Answer by katiebug840204 at 4:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I also think it was a rip off. The Government and other consumer advocacy groups have been putting pressure on them to drop it. They are working on some new product lines that are similar though.

I do think it's a personal choice, but I would not recommend them unless you're in an extreme situation.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I work for H&R Block... The IRS did not release the "debt indicator" which shows if ppl owe $$$ for back taxes, child support, student loans, etc... So the bank will not blindly give money out.. Can't blame them.. We do have other options, same day, but it is not based on your taxes. So you can still get some of your money that day if you need it, but it is not a Refund Anticipation Loan.. Also, our fees are 1/2 of what Jackson Hewitt charges :) And the only JH we have here is @ Wal-Mart, and that would make me really uncomfortable, to not have any privacy right there in front of the restrooms!!! LOL
    TIFFANYT1432

Answer by TIFFANYT1432 at 5:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2011