about extreme couponing? how did those people get free toilet paper and other stuff

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 3:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• I saw that the other day, I was very jealous and wish i had time to do some of that. Not as obsessively w/the stockpiles, but all those groceries for so little money.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 3:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• they make the proper combinations of the different types of coupons out there along with the weekly sales and rebates that are offered....often times they actually end up making a profit if it's all done right. I am a store manager for rite aid pharmacy and I have a few regular extremem couponers....it's pretty impressive although very time consuming on my part making sure the coupons are in date, properly combined, and being used for the correct product. It also takes good knowledge of each stores coupone policies on the couponers part.
    logansmama

Answer by logansmama at 3:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It looks like it takes a lot of work. Not only do they use coupons but they are also shopping for store sales.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 3:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• sounds pretty cool
    hellokitty1978

Answer by hellokitty1978 at 3:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• its easy i usually dont pay more than 1$ for toilitries. I can stack (meaning one store, onemanufact or online coupon) at target and buy diapers for 3$ a pack, wips for 1$ or less, shampoo for 50 cents with a free conditioner or styler ect. u just wait and shop sales with your store and manufacturing coupons.
    shortycmlb

Answer by shortycmlb at 4:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Match sales with coupons. When you have a coupon buy the cheapest item you can. So say a $1 off coupon you'll get the 'most bang for your coupon' with a $1 off item (100% off) rather than a $2 item (50% off).

Check your local stores to see if they double or triple coupons. Also be sure to flip through the weekly ads that come in themail.
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 5:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• That tv show was staged. You can't really buy all those things for free in one shop - the stores and manufacturers both have limits on how many identical coupons you can use in the same transaction. They paid those people to overact, worked it out ahead with the stores to turn off all the things that would make the transactions not work, and intentionally broke the register to make good tv.

If you want to know the realistic way to do it, check some of the couponing groups here or the messageboards and blogs at websites like grocerygame.com, couponmom.com or southernsavers.com
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Sometimes it is possible to get free samples and coupons with large dollar amounts off from manufacturers by signing up on their websites.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:02 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I saw that. Granted, it looked like they eat crap food. So i would never do that.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011