my mom says to mail her letters but will this work

ok so my mom is living in california in pioneer. she doesnt have an address because she is living out of an RV. now she sent me a bday card and the return address says her name General deliveray pioneer ca and the zip. so im curious if i mail something to her do i just put the same stuff she did and will it get to the nearest post office to her

knagsmom

Asked by knagsmom at 4:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Ask her? Or mail it there and if it is'nt a valid address then you will get it back.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 4:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It will get there, but if she doesn't have a PO box, i'm sure they will not hold it, but I could be wrong. goodluck.
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 4:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would try just to see if it would.
    My mom mailed stuff to my grandparents(dads side) back in the early 70's and couldn't remember the address number so she drew a map on the back of the envelope and it got there!!!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 4:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• ive asked her about a po box and she keeps saying next time next time. makes me nuts. i want to write her and let the kids draw her pics but i want to know it gets there
    knagsmom

Comment by knagsmom (original poster) at 4:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• mslksdh---- thats amazing because it got there from a map. i havent seen were she is staying we dont get along well and i live in chicago so its far. i text her but now that i have this address she says to write her letters
    knagsmom

Comment by knagsmom (original poster) at 4:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If she's in an RV park there may be an office or she may have a number for her space. My mother-in-law has lived in an RV park before, and she always had an address with the name of the RV park and a space #.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 4:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You can always try it. She might have them holding her mail for a short time for her to pick it up. My mom did that once and everything got to her fine. If they cant get it to her then they will send it back to you.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i asked if it was a park and she said its just a friends lot that they park on. and they cant use the address. she does work but i wont be able to send her stuff there. when i want to get pics to her i order them online to go to the closest walgreens or walmart.
    knagsmom

Comment by knagsmom (original poster) at 4:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• yup,there are alot of places that only require star route written on them.Local post offices all over deliver mail,but general delivery usually means they will pick it up at a local post office.
    grismelda

Answer by grismelda at 4:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2011