is it possible?

is it possible to get scratches off of a hardwood floor? one of our chairs at our table in the kitchen has made scratches on our floor, and it's somewhat noticable. if there is a way, how do i go about doing it?

mom_to_kenzie

Asked by mom_to_kenzie at 4:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Home & Garden

• You would have to sand and refinish over a part of the floor.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 4:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• There are little fleecey booties you can buy to go over your chair legs and table legs to prevent scratches.
    misses_nick

• If it is hardwood, yes, probably. If it is laminate, maybe, possibly, probably not.
    Hardwood, if the scratches are not too deep, rough it up with very fine emery paper. Use something like Howard's in the shade of your floor. There is a brand of scratch cover in the grocery, but it does not work very well. Howard's is fantastic. You can get it on line and I see it at large antique stores in my area.
    If they are real deep. More sanding and possibly refinishing the entire floor maybe necessary. But you should be able to restore it.
    Again, I would start with Howard's.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• This is the website for Howard's
    http://www.howardproducts.com/restora.htm
    I cannot tell you how much I love this stuff. I use it on real wood and it is like magic.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2011