what would u do

ok well my friends boyfriend and i have been texting for like awhile and like i never thought anything about it untill yesterday he told me how he felt about me and that i make him happy smile and laugh something he hasnt dne in over a year and i was in shock because i didnt know this was gnna happen and like jus was in shock lol well him and my friend have a son together and i have a daughter of my own raisin her alone and like idk wat to think or do wat would yall think or do or react has this happened to any of yall an how did u go with the situation

no my friend and him arent together anymore

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• First,I would stop texting behind his girlfriends back and tell him that u not accept anymore of his texts. This is just going to turn into trouble if u two keep it up.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 4:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Is he still with your friend? If so tell him you you cannot do anything with him and would appriciate it if he would stop saying things like that it makes you uncomfortable. (gently). If he is not with your friend (or anyone else) then you have to decide if that is a potential relationship you would like to persue. If it is how would your freind feel (since she has a child with him).
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 4:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• How much do you value the relationship with your friend? If she is important to you, then you might want to stop talking with her boyfriend.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 4:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have never been in that type of situation.

However. I "think" (not know since I've never been there ) that I would end private one on one communications with him. If he is developing feelings for me, I would not have anything to do with him one on one any longer. Him developing feelings for me would not bode well for his relationship with my friend and not something I personally would choose to be a part of.

You must decide what would be the best way for you to handle this situation. You have to base your choice on your own feelings in regards to the situation, your feelings in regards to him, and what you think would be best for all involved.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 4:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Your friend and he aren't together any longer, yet you called him her boyfriend?

I think you've gotten yourself involved in an emotional affair. If she and he are working on their relationship, then you have officially helped him be a cheater and potentially have helped him to continue in the steps he previously took to end their relationship.

If they truly are not together, are not working on things and they did not split up due to cheating AND you also share the feelings... then you need to talk to her and make sure it isn't going to hurt her that you move further with the relationship. If you think it will hurt her then you have to choose who is more important to you... her or him.

Good luck.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• first of all i wouldnt be talking to my friend boyfriend anyway because friends are friends and they are post to have each other back and and second which is more important losing a good friend and not having a friend at all
    tammy372011

Answer by tammy372011 at 4:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• he has a child with your friend I dont see a relationship working out for you if you want to keep your freind.
    mandynjohnsmom

Answer by mandynjohnsmom at 4:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think this will get nasty fast! I'd stop texting him and just tell him you don't want to do this to your friend.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 19, 2011