Is life over after pregnancy?

My daughter is 19 and she moved back home. She found out that she is pregnant. 2 test
she still has to go to the doctors. She is keeping the baby, but my BIL's girlfriend told her that her life is over. I told her that it was not over. That she has family to help her though it. The person that told her that her life is over has a 2yr. old girl and a baby on the way.
I guess the question is why would she say something like that?

HomeAlone45

Asked by HomeAlone45 at 4:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• She has a great mom. Why not let her join cafe mom and meet some women her age. I love this site.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 5:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Life as you know it is over (for the most part) but a new life is just beginning.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 4:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No your life changes or at least it should but its not over.
    Charis76

Answer by Charis76 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• life stops/changes if you let it. college, career, etc is still possible but only if you really, really want it.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Sometimes some women can be quite dramatic (as you probly know =)). Life is not over. But it is not going to be the same either. That could be what the BIL's girlfriend ment.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• a dumb, mean person would say that. Life is not over, its changing.
    Collegemommy910

Answer by Collegemommy910 at 4:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It's really a new beginning. Her single life is over.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Well, That part of your life, the childless part, is in fact over. For some people it is over all too soon. Perhaps the person who said it is not happy with their decisions and sees their-self in their past situation instead of seeing your daughter in her present situation. It was not a wise thing to say but in her mind she may think she was being funny or helpful... I dunno.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i guess is cause she has kids and she feelss like her life messed up when she had kids and that is not the same anymore cause thats how some parents feel they can't party like they use to no privacy anymore no sleep well thats wat i think
    candygurl21

Answer by candygurl21 at 4:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Her life is not over but it will be different now. She will be responsible for another person, she won't be able to do whatever she wants whenever she wants. The person who told her that is just being rude. My life did not end when I had my son, in fact my life became better!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2011