Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

He is always angry and Controling everything I do how and I get away?

I have tried for the past couple of months to get away from him we have been together for over 3 years now and he has always been a little controling but it has gotten so much worse since he lost his job and I got this great new job and i'm the one taking care of him and my kids with no ones help. He is always bitching and angry and he tells me you can't go here you can't go there and yes he is the one watching our boys while I work but I work where we live so I am in and out the house all day long. Anyway he tells me when I say that I need some me time and that I want to go see my friends for and hour or 2 that if he doesn't need any free time that I don't either. I work all day and when I get off at the end of the day he hand our 8 month old over to me and says i'm going to play my game. He does not even care if i'm tierd all he knows is that i'm home and he don't have to take care of the baby anymore. And my 3 year old is running around which is what they do playing and he yells at him all the time and says things to make him cry at least thats how I feel...Am I over reacting or am I right to be upset. I do need a break but not from my kids its from him I really want him gone but he is using the excuse that we can't find his keys to his car which is true but he could call someone to come get him. He just wants to stay and control my life. How do I get him gone without calling the law because I am the property manager out here and my mom is the regonal manager and she told me not to call them out here unless he really does something bad because it wouldn't look right. I can't wait till he goes somewhere either to put his stuff outside and lock him out because he has no friends he never ever ever leaves unless its with me. He has so many issues and i'm just done dealing with them. I hope one of you ladies can help me out.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • Call a domestic violence shelter and get help moving out safely. Abuse escalates when the woman tries to leave.

    Answer by tyfry7496 at 4:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • i would tell him how you really fell for him tell t just not working out and tell him its either he gets out or you will go

    Answer by tammy372011 at 4:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • Search your yellow pages for abuse hotline numbers, or the web will have some...but if he is snoopy and looks thru the history of the omputer I wouldn't do that. There is help out there for you. If you want me to search in your area for a number to call message me.

    Answer by MKSers at 4:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • I can't go its my place I live there rent free because of my job. He needs to go and how can a domestic violance shelter help me he has never hit me but he has thrown things and broke things but never actually hit me at all.

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

  • If it is your place or your mother's place then you should call the police or a lawyer and see what the laws are in your area for evicting someone. You might need to have him served and if he is not out by X date then call the police and have him escorted out.

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.