what would you do if you had a secret for about twenty years and its really bothers you

tammy372011

Asked by tammy372011 at 4:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• If it directly affects someones life or a current situation, but you only want to get it out to safe yourself from personal guilt and nothing other than that will be accomplished by tell the secret.... then it is yours to keep after this long.

If it will directly affect a situation and you are not simply trying to rid yourself of guilt, then get it out there. But plan on having to explain why you've held it inf or this long.

Good luck!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• It depends on what the secret is and how it would change other's lives.
    This is a question that I think could be anon. and then you could feel more comfortable about sharing more with us.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 4:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• depends.... is there any good reason to tell? Would telling help someone? or is it just to easy your own mind?

Example -

If you cheated your first year of marriage (and never again) and now 20 yrs later you cant live with the guitl and want to tell your husband - that would be wrong.  You screwed up majorly and telling him wouldnt help anyone but would cause horrible issues.  You go to your death bed with that one.

An uncle molested you when you were ten and now 20 yrs later he is getting married and moving in with his new wife and her young kids - TELL TELL TELL.  If not you are at fault when those kids get mollested.

Anonymous

• Write it down and burn the letter. (If you still want to keep it to yourself.) Or tell annonymous on Cafe Mom about it.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I don't like secrets. I'm not good at keeping them. I don't think people should ask another person to keep their secrets either.

Answer by admckenzie at 4:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I agree with Beachmom as well
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 5:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I hate secrets better to not keep them bottled up...just saying.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 5:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I was going to say the exact same thing as beachmom81! I think all the comments are good ones.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 4:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I agree with BeachMom81
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 4:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'm not a fan of secrets. But I agree if depends on what the secret is and if telling it would hurt anyone, help anyone or be indifferent.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 5:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2011