how can u handle???

Im a stay home mom of two. My oldest daugher is almost ten and she goes to school and my youngest girl is four and half months... my husband works nine hours a day average.... i guess i get bored alot and i find anything to eat... we are watching our food and money... i eat junk food, i eat whatever i see in the fridge... does it happen to you and how did you do it differently?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm a stay at home mom with one son. I don't do that, however there are days when I can, but I don't. I am already over weight, I do not need to gain anymore. I just try to keep myself busy, whether I'm cleaning, doing homework, playing with my son, or taking a nap. I try to only eat two or three times a day.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 11:34 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I can have days like that. I stay home with my 8 month old while my 5 year old is at school. Now when my 5 year old was younger and home we ate all the time, now that she is in school, I don't have a 'partner in crime." anymore, until my 8 month old gets older, but hopefully I will be working again soon.
    Izzyscrazymom

Answer by Izzyscrazymom at 11:38 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I really had to fight this myself. I kept reminding myself that (A) it was bad for me (B) junk food blows the food budget and (C) I had to set a good example for my daughter. That last one was the most important to me. It's taken a long time for me to break some of my habits but it's taken her a long time to get old enough to notice them so that worked out.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have this problem too. But it sounds like you already have your answer. If you have a food budget, stick to it. Plan your meals, only buy what you need. If you don't keep junk in the fridge or cupboards, you can't eat it. Fruit helps with the sweet tooths. Also, for awhile i put sticky notes on the cupboards that say " are you really hungry?" or "have a glass of water instead."

My favorite thing to do when i get bored now is to turn on a fitness channel and do the work outs. My daughter watches me, giggles and then joins in. You get your heart going and all you want is a tall glass of water at the end!
    MmaMaMa1203

Answer by MmaMaMa1203 at 12:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2008