Do you over look some bad behavior because he does many good things?

My husband is an occasional liar. About money especially, as in how much he spends. I have no doubt he's faithful and he's a sweetheart to me. When other husbands go out to party, he's with me instead. I have no other issues but he is a liar. I feel like I overlook this horrible trait because he is otherwise a good man.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• If he is a liar as you say, he might be lying about other things...........nobody is perfect so I would overlook.

Answer by older at 4:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• no, my Section Chief in the Army once told me, it only takes one Eff-Up to erase 20 "Atta-Boys". In other words you can be the greatest humanitarian ever and do alot of great things, but all you to do is mess up big one time and that is what everyone will remember and never let you live down regardless of everything you ever did before or do afterwards.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 4:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have small kids and enjoy the stability so I am willing to overlook a LOT. But I'm pretty hard to live with and I actually cheated once about 3 years ago. So nothing horrible he says or does can really make that go away. So I am pretty damn forgiving.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• DH is not a good communicator but he is a hard worker and fun to be around.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 4:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I can overlook some things but if he is lying I wouldn't be able to trust him and without trust we wouldn't have much of a relationship.
    melissasue38

Answer by melissasue38 at 4:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No i dont
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 5:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My sweetie has a habit of joking in such a way that it's insulting or just down-right mean; but he treats me like a queen, doesn't cheat, doesn't lie, always buys me flowers or brings me little gifts, he's such a gentleman always (opening doors, won't let me carry anything, always scoots me to the inside of curbs so he's walking next to traffic, etc.), pays attention to me, very communicative, so I can overlook an annoying sense of humor. No one is perfect, and no one is going to like absolutely everything about another person. He's truly the best thing that's ever happened to me. And he tells me the same always.
    VanBurren

Answer by VanBurren at 9:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• sometimes
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:38 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I overlook things, so does he. It's how you reach 19 years lol.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 11:17 AM on Jan. 19, 2011