what do you not make/cook/buy because your family wont eat it?

we've vowed never to buy coconut again.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 4:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Shopping

• Mushrooms, everyone hates it but me.

Answer by older at 4:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Anything with pasta. I love it, but husband won't eat it and my dd won't even LOOK at it. lol
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 4:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• nothing really since if I like something and no one else does, I'll still occasionally cook it and eat it myself. use leftovers for lunches, that kind of thing.

but if I want liver and onions, I need to cook it when to one else is home since no one else can even stand the smell!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 4:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Not much. If they won't eat it, I make it for myself and freeze the rest for later!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 4:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Beef. Hamburgers, ground, all-beef hotdogs. Nothing with beef. It's against my DF's religion. However, I love me a good cheeseburger so I sneak one every now and then.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 4:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• There really isn't anything that no one or only I like... DH and DS don't like sweet potatoes so I don;t get those often...
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 4:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Before my youngest was born, a lot of food was untouched by anyone else. All beans and lentils. All curries. Lots of vegetables (any squash, broccoli, brussel sprouts). Sushi. Guacamole. Soups full of veggies and not cheese or meat.

Now, my 2 year old fights me for a veggie roll or some lentil curry. It's harder to eat a full meal, but it's fun having someone to eat with!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 5:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• mushrooms
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Beef strogonoff. It's beef cubes with mushrooms, sour cream, and cream of mushroom soup. I love it, my sons hate it.
    crazycatlady66

Answer by crazycatlady66 at 8:14 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Shrimp/salmon/other shellfish because my husband is allergic. Unless my husband is allergic, he'll pretty much eat whatever I make. So far our daughter also eats most things that I make. (knock on wood - she's 17 months)
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 12:08 AM on Jan. 19, 2011