u guys see the article about special needs child on The Stir web site? What do you think? How could parents kill their own chilkdren?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 4:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• i know that if a child has special needs - they are way more likely to be abused in their lives - taking care of speical needs kids takes a lot of patience. it causes a lot more stress. i could never understand hurting or killing your kid. but i do understand it is stressful - that is what is holding me back on getting my special ed masters teaching degree - idk if i am ready for it yet. i put my youngest in hospice care. so i didnt kill him i let him die but he was dying anyways - i just wanted him to have no more pain.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:13 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The article is about a few differant parents that have been accused of murdering their special needs child.
    peace013

Comment by peace013 (original poster) at 6:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think that there are some parents who honestly believe that the best thing for their child is dying. I can't imagine that, but I've never had a child with severe disabilities. I don't know how I feel, but my heart breaks for all of those families and children.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:12 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Im thank-ful that I never had to go through that my heart is with you and any one who is going through this.
    peace013

Comment by peace013 (original poster) at 12:49 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• If you dont and cant handle the responsibilities for a special needs child that does not mean you should subject them to death! My aunt is mentally handicapped and my grama has taken care of her her whole life and done a damn good job at it! i could not imagine giving up on someone for something that is not their fault. They are not just some cat that needs to be put down!
    simonsmama2022

Answer by simonsmama2022 at 3:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It makes me sick to my stomach that someone could kill thier child whether they are special needs or not...but the SN hits close to home because my oldest is autistic. She's pretty high functioning, so we have a lot less challenges than a lot of autism families -- but I could not imagine life without her either way. It's just sad what people are willing to do.
    JohnnyCakes

Answer by JohnnyCakes at 5:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It's heartbreaking
    peace013

Comment by peace013 (original poster) at 5:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011