7 Year old with a facebook account...and the mom-clueless

My friend let her dd get a facebook account, she is 7, and the mom never adjusted the privacy settings, checks to see who the dd adds as a friend, or isnt aware of whos' on the friend list either. The dd tried adding me as a friend, which I declined, and her dd keeps messaging me getting mad that I havnt added her!! I told the mom, that I dont have kids on my facebook...she just laughed.
She has no clue, and the dd is just rude in her comments from what I"ve seen, and I can get on her page to see who is on her list(even tho Im not on her list, I can, so that goes to show you how there is no privacy setttings in place) It just makes me mad that parents can be so dumb. They are the ones that complain to bits when something happens, but where were they to prevent? sheesh.

minimo77

Asked by minimo77 at 5:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• I have a 12 year old begging me for one. He is still begging too.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 5:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would not let a child that age do that. Way too young.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 5:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I agree.. My niece has one and she's 11. I told my Sister that she doesn't need one, and she said, it's okay, I watch over her. I did what I could, and if something happens, which I pray it doesn't, it's on my Sisters conscience... Our 14 yr old son doesn't have one anymore because of some of the people on his. I didn't feel it was good for him... I watched it like a hawk, and he's upset about it, but oh well...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 5:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• That is crazy.

bad

Julia0331

Answer by Julia0331 at 5:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Whoa. That kid is waaay too young. I can't believe the mother doesn't even monitor what her 7yo is doing online.
    myree85

Answer by myree85 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Its to bad someone, can't explain the danger of the internet to her parents, or maybe a teacher could talk to themj.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 5:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• yeah i have a couple of kids on my fb, they're parents are on my friends list too, i think it's too young for sure
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 5:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Report the page to Facebook.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Boo on her! That is WAY to young to have a FB account.
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 5:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• That is too young to have a fb account. I understand that it is suppose to be something fun and maybe originally it was ment for kids. But now adays it can be very adult with all the pictures and comments. Definatly needs to have the security set and ALL parents that have kids who have any sort of internet account need to be monitored.
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 5:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2011