Can anybody tell me of some good typing games that might teach keyboarding skills to a 10 yr old boy w/fine motor delays and terrible handwriting

My son, Isaac is 10 yrs old with fine motor delays, adhd and has a lot of difficulty with writing anything too lengthy.

WATAVU4U

Asked by WATAVU4U at 11:35 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• have you looked at the leap frog click start, my first computer. It works off your TV and its a keyboard with a little mouse. Really cute. You can get lots of different game, and some I think that will help typing skills. My 2 year old has it, and he loves it... He can't do much, but I think he just likes the colors n such. It's like $50, but it's something you might look into.
    Amber1109

Answer by Amber1109 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

•  When I bought my first pc years ago we got a crap load of discs and this Mavis was one of them

http://www.download.com/Mavis-Beacon-Teaches-Typing-17-Deluxe/3000-2051_4-10441764.html

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• We used to have a really old basketball typing game. Everytime my son hit the right keys, he made a basket. I'm sure it's too old for all the new computers, but they must still make something similar. I wish I could remember who made it, but I know that we had a lot of games by The Learning Company, so that may be the one..... Sorry, wish I could help more!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:53 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• SO.....Curiosity got the best of me and I google The Learning Company. I didn't find the sports one, but they have a cool SpongeBob one!

http://www.learningcompany.com/jump.jsp?itemID=499&mainPID=499&itemType=PRODUCT&RS=1&keyword=typing
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• There is a typing game to play on neopets.com also when I was a kid I used Mavis Beacon, but it wasn't much fun.
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 2:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Try your schools website my son is always on that site they have fun games that involve reading, math, using the keyboards to park cars in different shapes ect... also The Penguin Club has alot of free things to do some require a membership that is 5.95 a month but on a rainy day 5 bucks is worth it :)
    katishome

Answer by katishome at 12:02 AM on Nov. 16, 2008

• We have one. It's called Typing Instructor for Kids 2. I even use it.
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 1:36 PM on Dec. 6, 2008