Does your family have family get-togethers?

Do you enjoy them? Wish the family got together more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• my MIL, FIL and my mom & dad we all live within a 25 minute drive so see each other a LOT.

I have like 8 aunts/uncles and tons of cousins, etc who I never, ever see. The most recent ones I saw were in the Summer of 2004 and I live fairly close to a few. Lotsa drama, animosity, etc.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We see my older kids and dhs family alllllllll the time. We all go to bday parties, games, and what not together. We have lunches or dinner randomly. Were also friends with DHs cousin, like true friends with kids the same age and we hang out all the time. My mom and dad live 8 hours away though and we only see them once a year, maybe twice at best. We make the best of it though and usually spend one or two weeks together at the beach house.

Answer by gemgem at 5:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Our family is very close and we get together often for birthdays, holidays, and just because.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• my family is spread across the country and so we don't do much....but my husbands family has a huge family and we there are a few funerals a year and that is when we all get together...they also have alot of fund raisers and benefits a few times a year because people in his family are prone to getting cancer. and in this neck of the woods people raise money for cancer victims
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Not really. We dont like most of the people in DH's family, and my family is 300 miles away. We do things informally, rearely more than just the immediate family.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Most of our relatives live about 1.5 hrs to 3 hrs. away so we may get together every few weeks or a couple of months at a time and I am happy they dont live any closer. The few family members who live in town we ususally see each other a couple times a week and we have a nice time together.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 8:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We used to get together often on my mother's side and then things kind of fell apart. We've had a lot of deaths recently and everyone says they'll get back together, but it's usually strained when it happens. A lot of people on her side of the family are judgmental assholes, so... it's sometimes more of a hassle to deal with all the drama. =/
    kaseyp84

Answer by kaseyp84 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes but only to eat. My whole family is fat. I wish we could all go hiking or something
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yup, and I love them!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011