Daycare costs?

How expensive is your daycare where you live? (if you don't mind sharing). How late are the daycares open too in your area?

MamaWolf1981

Asked by MamaWolf1981 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• Full time / Part time?
    Full time CENTER is $250 a week with extra fee's probably 3 times a year for full time care
    In-home daycare with preschool setting ( In my case that is ) Is $125 a week -full time
    I live in Minnesota
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• For us, we have our son in full time daycare and it is on base. It's $208 every 1st and 15th. My daughters are in a before care program and that is $74 for both of them. It provides transportation. After school, the boys and girls club has Kid's Stop which is $5.00 a day for each child. They are all open until 5:30. I live in SE WI
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Oh, my provider ( In-home ) and the daycare center was from 6 am to 6pm - some home cares will make more of a personalized time arrangement depending on their availability
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'm in the St. Louis area and I'm paying $132.00 a week for a preschool for my 3yo dd.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 5:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Most daycare centers in my area are open until 6 or 6:30, but there are a few open as late as 7 and even one that is open 24 hours. The center I use is about average cost where I live in Texas. They charge $115 weekly for infant to 18 months old and $105 weekly for 18 months to 5 years old, with a $5 per child weekly discount if you have more than one child enrolled. There is a $50 one time registration fee and a $25 yearly supply fee for kids over 1 year old. Our center also has an optional gymnastics program that costs $75 per child per semester. The center provides breakfast, lunch, and a snack for children who are 1 year old or older. 

The rates I've seen advertised for in-home daycare in my area range from about $75 to $125 per week.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 6:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I use and in home daycare and it costs $125 a week. It was the cheapest I could find and she is actually very good! She is open 6:45-5. Most centers around here were asking around $165 a week and aren't as one on one with the kids.
    kristenestelle

Answer by kristenestelle at 7:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• for ours it was 147 a wk for a 3yr. and the hours are 6a-6p. They focus on preschool education and have a wonderful cafeteria and outside playyard for the children. It is nice to know that they are not cooped up in one room for the entire day.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011