Mental Illness and Mediums/Psychics

Why are you labeled to be mentally ill when you hear voices and see things but youre not when youre a medium and see/hear ghosts? Or are you? Whats the difference?

And Im not bashing mediums because I def beleive in them. But how does someone determine the difference?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 5:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I guess it depends on how useful the voices are and what they tell you. If they're suggesting that you harm yourself or others, you're mentally ill...

Although if you ask some doctors, they'll tell you they're ALL mentally ill.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 5:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Do you think that some actual mediums just dont know thats what they are and are made to think theyre just crazy?
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 5:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think a medium would hear or see definite people, people who have moved on. They would also be aware of how they looked when they were communicating to unseen people and would avoid doing that in public. A mentally ill person would invent people and see and talk to them no matter where they were or who they were with. A medium would be very cautious about who they told, the mentally ill, not so much.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 6:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I don't rightly know. Good question.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have a very popular medium on my FB and I am starting to believe he has mental issues. His status postings have been out there lately.
    Anonymous