work in a distribution center or be a sahm and make no income?

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 5:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in

• If you need the money, I would do the job. I'm going through the same situation right now, except I haven't found a job yet. Sorry the co-workers suck.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• A job is a job is a job. If my family needed the extra money, I would work. If it was better for my husband's deployment/training schedule for me to stay home, then that is what I would do. I've done both.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would work and make money.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Stay home. If I had a choice and wasnt expected to be a bread winner.

Answer by gemgem at 5:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If you are the breadwinner then you have to work, if not then take advantage of the opportunity to be with your kids.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 5:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have no problem doing either, if I had to work I would do whatever job I could find that kept food on the table and a roof over the kids heads. I stay at home right now but I would have no problem going back to work if needed.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 5:58 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Work in a distribution center I have worked most of my life so it wouldn't bother me any
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:59 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Stay home, I already do. I would be happy to go to work if I needed to though.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• let me clarify my question ladies! I have been a sahm for almost 3 years and due to some financial issues (SO has been the breadwinner) I decided to look for a job in which I can steadily work night hours. I found one, a PT job 7pm to midnight, weekends off. It's nice that i can be at home all day with my toddler while SO works and at night he can be home with ds and I go to work. I've only been there for close to 1 month but I'm not sure if I like it. The area I work in, not everyone is nice to me. I have said hello to their face upon arrival and they act as if they didnt hear me, the converse with each other and don't include me, it's very awkward. They seem to only talk to me if I make a mistake. Should I suck it up and give it a little longer?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I didnt mean to post anon LOL
    Owl_Feather

Comment by Owl_Feather (original poster) at 6:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011