my dd is a thief!

DH opened her lunchbox today to find a baby doll bottle and baby doll hat in there from her preschool! i can't help but laugh...have your kids ever stole from their preschool/daycare?

armywife43

Asked by armywife43 at 5:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That is funny, but I would explain to her that is not good, as i'm sure you already have =) My kids aren't old enough to even understand what stealing is, oldest dd is only 2 and youngest will be 1 on the 29th. BUT my brother would always steal chocolate bars from the store, or lollipops lol....our mom made him take it back!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• never
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• lol thats funny kids will do the silliest of things and at that age its innocent but you do want to explain why its not ok to take things lol of course. My son when he was about 2 and half smuggled a lollipop out of walmart i was to busy paying and loading things in the cart to notice he grab one off the shelv by the check out. we got all the way to the car befor i relized he had it.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• lol while we were at the store once, i was checking out and just about done. the cashier had a candy bar in his hand and asked me if i wanted it...i was like um, no, where did it come from? he looked over the convier belt and so i looked and you see these 2 sets of eyes looking over the end of it...my ds had snicker bars lined up going down the belt. he quickly ducked down as soon as he realized i'd seen him.
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 6:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My son did that. Once.

He was about 3 and he took a pack of gum and stuck in his pocket at the store because I told him I was not buying it for him. I caught him in the back of the car with it after he had opened it and started chewing them. I went back the next day, went to the manager, told him what happened (with Oldest in tow) and make my son give him the money for it. When the manager demurred, I said "no. I want my son to understand NOW that stealing is NOT okay, before he's in high school and I'm having to pick him up from the police station." We paid, the manager thanked me for my honesty and asked my son not to do it ever again.

For about 4 months after that, I shook down my son at the register every time we went shopping. He never took anything that didn't belong to him ever again.

He's 12 now and when he comes home with something I don't recognize, he has a good reason where he got it!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Nope. How is theft funny? Will you be laughing when someone steals your kid's toys?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 7:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• actually, bcause, yes, kids have taken my kids' toys. and once the parents find out, they bring it back. and i've laughed about it. kids are learning at this age, it's not like they really understand they're stealing. she's 2!
    armywife43

Comment by armywife43 (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Technically the thought of stealing is far from their minds. I't the wanna have that motivate children. LOL

rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 2:47 AM on Jan. 18, 2011