My 9 month old seems to be unintersted in helping me feed him foods. How can I get him more interested in feeding himself?

He just sits there with his hands bent and up towards himself. He doesnt try to grab the spoon or bowl or anything.
I've left a bowl full of cereal and a couple spoons on his hgh chair to see what he'd do. -nothing, just hit the spoons his tray and eventually knock the bowl and all contents onto the floor

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My 9 month old is showing very little interest. He grabbed the spoon a couple of times, but he just wants to smack it around on the tray & then play in the babyfood. I think that if you give him time, he'll come around. At least that's what I'm hoping! Do you give him the little biter biscuits or Gerber puffs?
    heather.huckaby

Answer by heather.huckaby at 12:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• He seems kind of young for that. I just gave my dd finger foods right on the tray. She didnt start feeding herself with a fork or spoon till about a year and a half.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Just sit him on the high chair and put alittle food on the small high chair table (I can;t think of what it is called) (brain fart).
    Then put a small spoon there and watch him but do it before he gets into his little moods to throw and tell him here try feeding your self you are a big boy. In a baby talk kind of way, He will be so curious he will want to try if not go to the other room and just peep around the corner wheater he is crying or just being quiet something will happen, Good Luck!!!
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2008