When would/do/did you get your daughter's ears periced?

I had mine done when I was 6 weeks old. I never thought twice about them and knew I would do my daughters when she was young, but my husband wants to wait. We are disguising it and I was looking for other opinions.

DoveMomma

Asked by DoveMomma at 6:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had mine done when I was 13 and so did my daughter. She would have lost all the earrings if we had done it any earlier. Now she is old enough to take care of her ears and her earrings on her own.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 6:04 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i has my oldest done at 13 months and have yet to do my youngest and shes 2 becuase i just havent gotten around to it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I had mine done at about 4 months old. I too never thought anything of it. I had my DD's done at 10 weeks. She fussed for about 2 min then I offered her my breast in the car and she was fine, went right to sleep. I understand both side of this 'debate' so I guess I don't have much to offer as far as how you should compromise or anything... I will say that once my DD turned about 2 she figured out how to take out even locking earrings and we had to switch to screw backs. I would recommend if you get it done young that you switch to screw backs as soon as they heal so you never run into that issue.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would wait. She should be old enough to decide by herself.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 6:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My family was not allowed to get piercings until we were 13 years old. I don't have a daughter, but I would make her wait if I did. I definitely will make my boys wait if they want any piercings.
    sweet29mom

Answer by sweet29mom at 6:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• when i had my oldest done the first ear popped and she just looked at the lady like what the hell did you do and the second she was like what again?! but she didnt cry at all it didnt seem to phase her one bit. of course she like doesnt mind havent shots either and the last time my youngest got shots she was wondering why she didnt get one.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My daughter was 6 months but my MIL removed them since she didnt approve (eyes roll) then I did it again on her 3rs birthday
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• My daughters got their ears pierced when they were old enough to decide for themselves.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I waited until my DD was eight, and she asked for them herself. She was also able to care for them (with supervision).
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• my daughter was 7 months. we waited 1 month after her repeat shots & tetanus vaccine to help guard against potential infections and make sure her immune system was good to go. and done by a pediatric nurse in an office w/ sterile everything... not a mall kiosk.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011