How far do you walk?

On my big days, I try to get just shy of 2 miles walking/jogging. On my rest days, I do about half that. I'm doing the Couch to 5k, so I'm trying to work myself up to jogging the whole 5k without stopping.

geminilove

Asked by geminilove at 6:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I walk three miles a day?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I walk at minimum 1-2 miles everyday. Sometimes more.. I do not own a car (haven't in over 20 years.. I have no need for one) so I walk every where I go. (or take PT which I walk to a bus tops/train stop).... My walking is just daily life, not really a part of my workouts/exercise regiment.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 6:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I walk a lot at work and keep my iPod pedometer in my pocket. By the time the 8 hours is over, I have walked 13,000 steps.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:08 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I walk from my computer to the kitchen, back to my computer, and some times to the toilet.
    Anonymous

• When it starts warming up I will be walking again outside. Our track is a 1 mile track. I like to walk it twice so I get 2 miles in.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Funny answer anon. Grin

It varies I would say probably a couple of miles a day. 

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I lke to run 40-45 minutes, 5 times a week.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 7:43 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I walk to the car, and back. I walk down the hallway at work, and back. I don't walk all that much. When it's nice, I walk the kids to school, just down the street.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Well, I run 3-4 times a week...an average run for me is 2-6 miles...
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 10:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I do about the same as you actually. I have done the C25K and love it. That is how I became a jogger. I hope that one day I will run in a 5K race and then move up from there. I also go on walks with my daugher on my off days.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 10:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011