is it ok to use regular nasal spray on a 16 month old?

I can't find the "little noses" nasal spray which I know is just saline water...can't find it anywhere and my boy has giant crusty boogies. Is ok to use normal nasal spray

Iluvmyseptboy

Asked by Iluvmyseptboy at 6:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i would only use saline nasal spray.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 6:13 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• as long as its just saline nasal spray yes its fine dont use anything medicated of course.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• you can make your own saline drops or buy regular saline drops but it is probably not a good idea to use anything other than just saline without talking to the dr. first

http://www.livestrong.com/article/207612-how-to-make-saline-nose-drops-for-infants/
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 6:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I agree with laura970. I would only use saline nasal spray.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• As long as it's just saline nasal spray, it's fine even if it's the adult stuff - the kids stuff is the exact same, they just put a "for kids" label on it and make it more expensive. Don't use anything medicated on him though.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 6:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes, but ONLY if it is saline nasal spray. Good luck!
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 6:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No it's really not ok. If you can't find any use Vaseline to lubricate the inside of the nose. Walgreens, cvs, walmart, target and even grocery stores carry little noses saline spray. Keep calling them and have them check or ask when there shipment days are. I'm sure you could buy it on amazon, as crazy as that sounds. This is the season for boggiery noses, so the stuff flies off the shelf.
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2011