Pagans... Does it bother you that the Llewellyn Witches Datebook included a Rabbit Recipe this year?

Apparently they have been getting some rather negative feed back over this... Personally, I'm a Proud Pagan CARNIVORE - Bring on the Rabbit!!

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 6:12 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Yum, I'm not pagan but I like rabbit. Just don't tell my bunny that!
    leah_rai

Answer by leah_rai at 6:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I am not Pagan either, but when I read this post, this image got stuck in my head...

http://www.tvacres.com/images/witch_hazel.gif

SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 6:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• it's a recipe, not a way of life
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 6:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think they should be happy there were no recipes for a Thorrablot feast, which typically consists of shark, black pudding, ram testicles, other assorted sheep parts like the head and organs and fat, and something that's best described as lutefisk pate. (at my house it consists of a regular old-fashioned beef or pork roast)

I really don't understand the idea, though, that our omnivorous ancestors managed to be omnivores without actually eating meat. If a modern pagan is also a modern veggie/vegan, great, but 600 years ago they would've starved to death.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I (sadly) haven't gotten my new date book this yr yet...
    but as for the rabbit... I see no issues with it... in fact I have been wanting
    to make a rabbit along with a few other wild game dishes...
    And I am no where near veggie/vegan... that is just not me... bring on the beef...LOL...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 6:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• From a religion that says so often "To each their own..." why complain? Just because it's IN the book doesn't mean you HAVE to cook and eat it!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I dont get that particular book so no it doesnt bother me LOL.

Overall, no some eat meat and some dont...to each their own. I would probably ignore it anyway as I wouldnt buy it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Wouldn't bother me.. I wouldn't use the recipe personally, but, I am not the only one who purchases that book...
    (I wonder though, if it is parents with younger children who read it and find out that you can eat bugs bunny... just a thought)
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 8:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If I could find rabbit at the buchers I'd be eating it. It's very good. I like my meat and in no way do I consider being Pagan equals being Vegan. Do these complainers even realise that rabbit is better for you than beef?
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 8:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• doesn't bother me one bit.. although I have eaten rabbit it is not my favorite meat... I would prefer some venison any day.
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 8:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011