How many years will Obama have to be in office

before people are willing to admit that everyone who disagrees with his policies isn't a racist?

It's been 2 years.  Isn't it about time people moved past this and started addressing the real issues and reasons people disagree?  24 months of people in this section, in the journals, in groups, and beyond this site, of listing detailed reasons for disagreeing with the minutae of policy decisions, and still we're right back to "And people can spout all they want about not liking Obama's policies, but behind it all, in my humble opinion, is a disbelief & outrage that a family with African roots is in the White House."?  Is this that progress the progressives are so proud of?

And while we're at it - does this mean all the people  who originally voted for him and since changed their minds are racists, too?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 6:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I was called a racist because I didn't vote for him and don't like him. That word is thrown around way to much.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Oh I am so tired of the racist comments thrown at me because I did not vote for him. I did not vote for him because I felt he was inexperienced. Nothing at all to do with race. I think it will be around even after he is out of office.

Anonymous

• Unfortunately, this is a tactic that some on the left,including alot in the left leaning media, use to try and shut up their opposition.Let them carry on with it and blame us for whatever terrible things..because sooner or later it will bite them hard in the backside.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 6:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Every time someone can they throw the race card and I personaly think it's stupied.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 6:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Really people can only speak for themselves. No one really knows why others did not or do not support President BO. So generalizations, either way, do not hold much weight, IMO. In addition, people can both disagree with his policies AND have a dislike for his race. It's not an entirely either or situation, OP- Again, one can only speak for one's self on this issue-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 6:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Thinking that will never happen. Especially after he is voted out.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• That's still happening? I guess I answered my own question by answering your question with a question.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• One hundred and fifty two.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 6:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I will take a stab and say he will never get that even if he were elected king.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• He will be given a "free pass" FOREVER, and his supporters will ALWAYS say "it was because of the haters that he wasn't able to do his job effectively" (whether it's one term or two.)

Even though Bush can be blamed for the Sun rising earlier than expected, Obama will NEVER be held responsible for anything that goes wrong during his tenure. It's like he's the "substitute" or "babysitter" president. LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011