are blogs dangerous?..how much is too much?

i've been wanting to start a blog for a while now, but all the things that i love to write about in home journals, or things that interest me.. i feel like would be too much for the world to have open range of info on..

id love to blog about my daughters health, the awful ups and downs & finally the ending surgeries that were about to come upon that will clear her up for good to inspire mothers(esp young like me) & tie in my faith w/ God.. but I cant seem to do it because I don't think it would be safe for everyone to see.

Id also love to write about my life as a mommy & wife to a LEO so that othe LEO wives could relate, follow along and so on..

i also was a teen mom, & id love to write about that, and overcoming the percentage of mothers who dont take care of their children and so on..

I also am in an interracial marriage, & I love reading about other interracial relationships, id love to write my experiences but I again, think thats just too much info.

I know people blog about that stuff all the time, & i have always dreamed of writing a blog, and having followers, and maybe one day making it so big that I can have advertisement on it. I know I could do it, I just am afraid of starting out...

Do you ladies think blogs arent safe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• As long as you keep the personally identifying info private, how are they not safe? Just don't use your name, address, location, etc. I'd avoid pics with the kids in them too.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You could also keep the blog semi-private and open only to readers that you turst and extend an invitiation to. I have a blog that keeps far-away family and friends up with our family. It's private and only open to those I invite. I have a different blog that is more about homemaking/spirituality/general information stuff.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If you use a pen name I don't think they are unsafe.You just need to make sure that there is not enough information revealed so someone cou;d steal your identity.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011