Family nudity

Ive heard of a lot of ppl walking around nude around their kids. Ive been told its the "hippies" that do it. Would you do it? I take a shower with dd and will dress around her but shes only 4. Would you do it when your kids were grown? And Im talking cooking, vacuuming, reading...lol. Not showers and dress up. And dh too. Would you be ok with him walking aroundnude in front of dd? LOL This ? is kinda funny but many do this! Not bashing but would like to know WHY?

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Well, total nudity at any time for no reason at all is a different thing. I have to amend my answer. I would not and don't think it's altogether appropriate to be naked all the time, especially in front of children over the age of 10.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Hell no lol
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 6:25 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think it promotes a healthy attitude towards your body and sex too. Nudity is not inherently sexual. I don't want my kids to be immodest and running around naked or half-dressed outside of the home, but I don't want them to be ashamed of their bodies either. Mine are 8, 6, and 2. We've recently told our daughters (8 and 6) that Daddy needs his privacy in the bathroom and while dressing, but if they come in on me it's still not an issue. As they get even a bit older we might gently urge more knocking, but...
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 6:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• maybe if I still had the body I had at 18 but no not now not at my age and my husband will walk around in long underwear or topless but that is about as far as he goes
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 6:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• nope, even if no ones home. I don't like grossing myself out, let alone anyone else LOL
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 6:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I get in the shower and out but My sons are still to young to understand But No I dont like the Idea of doing it around older kids and once one of them says anything it will stop. But thats just my OP
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 6:29 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• No, but I don't think you should make nudity a big thing but, I don't think you need to walk around butt nakedn front of your kids it makes them uncomfortable.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 6:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Sometimes my 2 year old showers with me but I don't walk around the house naked!! I live on a military base right where a lot of Marines jog and cars drive by...that would be the last thing I'd need lol!
    CassiRae3

Answer by CassiRae3 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Im not saying nudity isnt healthy but to vaccuum/cook in the nude around your kids seems a little strange. I have no shame in nudity and think this country is a little to redic with the way they handle it. In France there are nude billboards. Why as Americans is it sometimes shameful? I get all of that. But at 19 I would NEVER want to see my parents naked! Its my parents for crying out loud! Totally diff thing
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 6:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I am very, very modest. My DH is slightly less so...... our kids are 6 & 4 1/2 and have no problem being naked whenever and wherever permitted. I am happy they aren't prudes like me I guess
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2011