My hair is thinning. Any tips to help with losing hair?

istealcookies

Asked by istealcookies at 6:33 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Are u taking any medications? My hair is thinning too, and I am only 36. I don't know if its my meds am taking is the cause. I am taking Lamictal for bipolar disorder 2.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 7:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Have you recently had babies? i lost alot of hair from both of mine (Post partum hair loss) I am still recovering.
    I stopped putting blonde hilites in my hair and wash it every 2 days & am very gentle with it, don't put it in elastic bands etc. & comb & brush carefully...keep taking your prenatal vitamin & other B vitamins. Also, stress is HUGE if you are stressing about it it just makes it worse. Just accept it for now & hope for improvement to come. I lost my hair like almost 3 months after I had the babies & then shed for about 7 weeks straight each time it was brutal I really felt I was going to have a huge bald spot. Hang in there it sucks bad BUT will get better. Make sure your iron level is good and yes if you are on meds inquire on the side affects. GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 9:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Pose this question to Dawn Gallagher, top model, everyday mom, by googling "Nature's Beauty Secrets." She's also on Facebook.
    rosiemendo

Answer by rosiemendo at 9:00 AM on Jan. 18, 2011