How do I encourage my 11 month old to stop shrieking at the top of his voice??

He does it sometimes to get attention but sometimes I think it is just to hear the sound - it is very ear piercing and makes going out in public difficult.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Duct tape? LOL! Seriously though, have you had his hearing checked? My friends little boy was like that, and come to find out, he had major ear issues. They put tubes in and took his tonsils out and he has pretty much quit the screaming thing and has started talking more at his age level. (He's a bit older than yours, a little over 2)
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 7:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• lol my dd is 11 months old and does the same thing!!! lol! she just laughs at it! i think she does it for attention and just to make noise!! if u get him to stop let me know! lol! ive been telling her no no it hurts mommys ears and she just laughs and smiles at me and does it again! lol!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 10:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Me and my husband had the same problem, we just told her No in a really stern voice and she would talk quietly she learned really quickly it didn't take long neither.
    lil_shannie

Answer by lil_shannie at 10:26 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• lol good luck iv nooooo clue! try shhing and says in a calm voice "lets use our indoor voice'
    SimplyErathy

Answer by SimplyErathy at 2:53 AM on Jan. 18, 2011