Why should I have sympathy for someone who has a job as a home loan processor that is loosing her own house

her house payment was just $300 a month but her car payment is $500
My husband says I should feel bad for her but I don't.
If your so busy blowing your money on living the High life and keeping up with the Jones's that your neglecting a small house payment of just $300 then I don't have any respect....
but I guess I lost respect for this person because she was my friend until I had to move into low income housing and she stopped talking to me because of it.

Should I bow to my husband and have empathy or go with my feelings and say she's getting what she deserves she dug her own hole because she knew better...this wasn't about her loosing her job and not having money to make the house payment...this was over spending and lack of priority and respect is earned not given

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• I agree with you on this.

Answer by louise2 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Because everybody has their own problems. Nice judging BTW! ;)
    Sometimes we make stupid decisions. If you were in this situation, I'm sure you'd want sympathy.

khf22

Answer by khf22 at 6:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Because being harshly critical, and enjoying other people's misery, is problematic for YOUR self esteem?
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 6:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• You have control over your feelings and if you arent going to sympathize then dont. Simple as that. She got herself into this situation and it hasnothing to do with you. So feel how you want to feel. You are entitled to your own opinion
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If you were in this situation, I'm sure you'd want sympathy.

I know this wasnt directed at me but....I would NEVER want another persons sympathy. Just for the record! Empathy would be a big help in understanding and moving on.... but sympathy? NO WAY
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:22 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Oh well for her, she needs to learn to manage her money. My dad makes a great deal of money but doesn't know how to handle it as well.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• She didnt make good choices and yes she should have paid her home payment first bc you need a place to live more then you need stupid little stuff But you should be a little sympathy bc you need to be the bigger person and in the end you will feel better about it
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Why is it any of your business what she does with her money? No one is perfect and we all have our demons. Sometimes just being compassionate goes a long way. There is a difference between being a friend and feeling sorry for someone. Talking about her on here isn't being a friend. Remember this next time someone is being critical of you and how it feels.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• she ended our friendship by turning her back on me so I'm not about to support her and her lazy ass who is about to put 3 kids out on the street...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• OP. Feel how you feel and learn to except it. Do your best not to ask for other opinion and/or care about what others think! Go with how you are feeling and what your gut is telling you. NOT what cafemom says or others in your life. Be your on person. GL and ignore all other influences!! :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2011