Who did you invite to your child's 3rd birthday party?

I'm planning a child's birthday party for my son, and my impulse is to invite HIS friends (mostly ages 2-5). This makes my guest list much easier since it's at our house can only hold so many people comfortably with children running around.
What did you do?
I am tempted to invite some moms that I know and like with slightly older children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We did a joint party with her cousin since their birthdays were a week apart. We just had the grandparents no one else.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We did not do the birthday parties, except for immediate family, until the children were much older.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 6:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Family.. Our boys didn't have friends outside of family that young... They didn't really care what we did as long as we had cake and presents,lol...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 6:55 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We just did close friends (family friends) and family until the kids were in first grade, then we started doing parties with their friends as well.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 6:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• when my daughter turned 3 we did Chuckie Cheese. It was the same weekend as her 1st dance recital, however, and was a hot mess. Her brother (who is only 19mos older than her) was there and family only. Since little kids scatter off in a million directions there, friends weren't necessary plus she saw them all weekend long at dress rehearsal, a meal, and the recital.

my SONS 3rd b-day I got really really lucky and his preschool said "just do it here" so all his friends were already there. and we did a small thing as a family and his big gift was karate lessons which started the very next day.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• my son was part of a playgroup. so i invited the kids and parents from the playgroup, also some friends of his that weren't in the playgroup. i knew and were friends with all his friends' parents.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We invited all Family and friends and went to a park and BBQ...It was really sheap and she got alot of gifts and seen her family that she doesnt see all the time...it was great..
    Mrs.Norris

Answer by Mrs.Norris at 3:11 AM on Jan. 18, 2011