peircings

Can you get facial peircings when ur pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would guess that it's okay since they're not putting chemicals or anything into your body. My whole theory here (and keep in mind I just formed this theory a few seconds ago lol) if you can cut yourself shaving without having complications of pregnancy, since this is essentially "putting a hole in your body", then piercings should be fine. I know a girl who got her nose pierced when she was about 8-9 weeks, and she delivered a healthy baby two days after she was due.
    cskomk0106

Answer by cskomk0106 at 11:56 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• THEY ADVISE YOU AGAINST IT BECAUSE IT CAN GET INFECTED AND AN INFECTION CAN CAUSE HARM TO THE BABY. ALSO AN INFECTION CAN HEAL SLOWER WHEN YOU ARE PREGNANT.
    IF THE PLACE IS UNCLEAN THE NEEDLE CAN GIVE YOU HIV OR HEPATITIS. MOST PLACES ARE CLEAN AND FOLLOW PROPER PROCEDURES BUT IT HAPPENS.
    I PRESONALLY LOVE PEIRCINGS, I HAVE WITH HELD FROM GETTING THEM THOUGH SINCE BEING PREGNANT.
    IF YOU HAVE A C SECTION WHETHER PLANNED OR EMERGENCY THEY WILL MAKE U TAKE PIERCINGS OUT.
    AND IN NORMAL LABOR YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE TONGUE PIERCINGS OUT INCASE YOU BITE IT.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 11:57 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Being a former body piercer I don't know any reputable shop that would pierce a pregnant woman for the reasons stated by the above poster. It's very dangerous and can cause a lot of complications.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 11:59 AM on Nov. 13, 2008

• thanx ladies
    Anonymous

• yeah and if u get ur toung done u really can't eat much due to ur toung swelling and they say no smoking, yeast etc... and getting that done wouldn't be good b/c u are pregnant and need food
    Anonymous

• When I first looked at this post I thought babygirl is getting her ears pierced, I would say wait altleast 4-5months.
    But no this was about mom, I would just wait til the baby is born.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• As a tattooed and pierced mom and 4 months pregnant I'd say no. As PP said any reputable shop will refuse you due to liabilities and the risks, small usually, but small can turn into dangerous. Anywhere around here refuses to do ANY(tattoos or piercings) work on you until 3 months after baby also. Why risk it now? Your body is changing so much right now and you are more prone to infections/illness being pregnant. That hole can still be placed in a few months.
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 2:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2008