Anyone ever take this birth control

Was recently pregnant, miscarried probably due to my endometeriosis that came back since having my son, was for the better the pregnancy wasn't planned anyways. My doctor wants to have me on a pill called microgestin to regulate my hormone levels and to not get pregnant again since i got pregnant using a condom . Anyone been on this? I wont be starting it until i get a normal period again whenever that may be since im so screwed up now. Any side effects?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no never heard of this pill, google it
    sorry to hear ya lost the baby
    GL.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I did some have said side effects some have not. I have never been on hormonal contraceptive, always used condoms, spermicide etc. Kind of afraid to get on anything
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:05 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have never heard of it, wondering why he didnt put me on something more common like orthotrycyclin
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• FYI its the generic version of Loestrin.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• NEVER HEARD OF THAT EITHER I AM ON YASMIN & SO FAR ITS BEEN VERY GOOD NO SIDE AFFECTS AND VERY POPULAR. MAYBE ASK YOUR DR. MORE ABOUT A DIFFERENT ONE? THAT WAS REAL BAD LUCK WITH THE CONDOM RIGHT? THATS WHY I WENT ON ALSO AS I AM FREAKED THE CONDOM WILL BREAK ALTHOUGH ITS SO RARE OF A SITUATION I THINK. WHEN YOU ARE ON ONE FINALLY USE CONDOMS ALSO TO EASE YOUR MIND FOR A WHILE. IT TAKES A FEW MONTHS FOR THE PILL TO BE EFFECTIVE, SO THEYS AY.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 10:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Doesn't yasmin cause you to miss periods? I rather have a normal cycle or i will wonder am i pregnant or is it the bc doing this lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• no it doesn't cause you to miss periods? maybe you are thinking of YAZ?? not sure but no Yasmin is good I used to be on ortho777 for many years also, but Yasmin is a newer popular less side affects pill. But to keep in mind all pills are different for everyone. The only thing warned about Yasmin is it can make your potassium level high if you have a heart condition so not to take if ya have heart issues. Every bc has possible risks they have to be told up front but if you are healthy there isn't a real worry just like anything else.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:53 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• maybe i am thinking the 4 periods a year pill, sounds freaky we are supposed to bleed once a month unless pregnant.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:07 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• i think that one is seasonique something like that ya i don't like the idea of messing with mother nature
    its good to bleed once a month anyways
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 6:54 PM on Jan. 18, 2011