Keep VS Toss.... school papers, worksheets, etc

is there a specific criteria you use? what stays with you and what finds its way into the trash from your child's cubby/backpack, etc?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:09 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I only keep stories she writes or projects (like holiday projects) that she's done. If you keep too much, you'll be featured on an episode of Hoarders! -lol
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I agree with mrsmom...I've saved everything from the first half of this school year and it was out of control...so I secretly had to thin it down last weekend. ;) I kept writing papers mainly and a couple projects. Funny thing is that my mom recently gave me all the stuff she saved from me and I just tossed it...so I don't know why I'm saving but I just feel like I need to.
    MommyH2

Answer by MommyH2 at 7:24 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I scrapbook a few pieces of the work from over the year and toss everything but the awards and report cards. I also snap a picture of the artwork and save it on a disk.

kmrtigger

Answer by kmrtigger at 3:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I keep everything until we get the 1st report card. Then I keep only a few things each year, including only some artwork. Otherwise we'd have to rent a storage unit for all the stuff from preschool until now :)
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 7:56 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Artwork and a few of his stories
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 12:05 PM on Jan. 18, 2011