whats the price of ground beef in your area?

Sundays paper has extra lean for 3.67 a lb. on sale. I'm used to paying 1.99 lb. good thing we don't eat too much ground beef.

luvschocolate

Asked by luvschocolate at 7:10 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• My current Safway paper has it on sale for $2.67 a pound. Or close to that. I go to this big meat sale that McKays puts on about every 6 weeks or so and pay $1.99 a pound then.
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• 3.89 per lb. I work at a meat market and the price of beef and pork keep raising each week, due to the price of grain and other products cattle eat. Seems like the cost of everything is going up!
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I really do not pay attention to the price per pound. I just buy the ground beef.

Answer by louise2 at 7:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I think it's $3.29/lb for the extra lean.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Don't really pay attention to the price if we need it I buy it
    lovinmy4babys

Answer by lovinmy4babys at 7:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Wowza - I know one store & Wal-Mart are always pretty close, close to $4 for ground chuck. Another store usualy is just over $2 for chuck (and the quality is way better!). We buy "in bulk" - get the animal from the farmer & have it butchered, and last time we paid $1.68/lb for everything, hamburger, roasts, and steaks - definitely a better deal, especially since we knew where the animal came from, what it was fed, and that it was raised organically.
    Anonymous

• I don't know. We get our meat off the hoof for $2.69 a lb.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I buy organic so it's about $5-$6 a pund. We eat it about 2x amonth.
    sarchasmicangel

Answer by sarchasmicangel at 2:18 AM on Jan. 18, 2011