Has anyone actually gotten pregnant while having an IUD?

i know it is very rare to get pregnant while on the IUD. i got the paragard iud when my son was 3 months old. ive had it about 10 months now. I found a few websites where quiet a few women said they got pregnant while having the iud. some had to take it out, and some couldnt and left it in.
Yesterday morning i started to cramp really badly and it lasted all day, but no period. This past week ive been very nauseous, i threw up today, ive been getting dizzy spells and hot flashes, i have been light headed almost every time i get up just like i was when i was pregnant with my son. im trying not to jump to conclusions and stress my self out. my period is due any day now and if it doesnt come i will test at the end of this month.
i would just like to hear the stories of anyone who did get pregnant while on the IUD.
im really nervous to be pregnant and miscarry because of the iud. were actually planning to get it removed in june to start ttc in august.

momma_2b_2010

Asked by momma_2b_2010 at 7:18 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My cousin conceived with one. I'm not sure I they left it in or not. I have one, and I've had some pregnancy scares. I've taken a handful of tests since I got it. All have been negative, even when I SWORE I must have been pregnant. Take a test to ease your mind. Remember, it's THE most effective form of birth control out there, even over surgical procedures. But nothing is 100% effective.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:21 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i have heard of a lot of people getting pregnant on an iud...
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 7:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• really? on one of the websites i found the ladies kept saying how more and more women are getting pregnant with their IUDs and doctors should be more educated on what to do, since for their dr.s it was their first time seeing that happen.
    momma_2b_2010

Comment by momma_2b_2010 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have heard of it, but I wasn't aware that it was a commone occurance. I had one for 3.5 years after my first child and never had any pregnancy scares. I now have it again after our second child and no issues so far this time either. I would take a test if you're really worried. Good luck.
    logansmama

Answer by logansmama at 7:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I did with my last child. They told me it had came out of place.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:06 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• did they remove it?
    momma_2b_2010

Comment by momma_2b_2010 (original poster) at 8:07 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yes, they removed it .
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:23 PM on Jan. 17, 2011