I recently found a lump in my breast, it's a little sore, Should I worry?

Im breastfeeding.

EliannasMama

Asked by EliannasMama at 7:27 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Health

• That's probably a clogged duct or just a regular duct. Very normal!
    Breast cancer lumps aren't generally painful. Ducts can be tender to the touch when they're full, and they can even be visible sometimes. Try nursing from that side to get I drained some. I had many of these when I was breastfeeding, if it get very painful and red, and you start having flu-like symptoms, get to the doc, as that's likely mastitis, and you'll need meds to treat it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 7:30 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Hubby felt one on my breast the other night and I am bf as well. Doc told me to massage and see if it goes down as it is probually a clogged milk duct. It has since gone down. Is it hard and can u move it around? Sorry if that seems tmi.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 7:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Thank you for the info, I figured it was probably something with the milk ducts. Its only sore when I touch it or lay on it. And yes it is hard and it feels like it moves when i touch it but it feels kinda like when you get engorged but its only in the one spot, ive been feeding her more on that side and it seems to be getting smaller. Also I have an appointment tomorrow, Should I mention it to my docter?
    EliannasMama

Comment by EliannasMama (original poster) at 7:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2011