I wasnt given specific instructions, yet im high risk?

I think mainly for the condition of the baby. possibly having ACC.. but i wasnt told that i need to stay in bed, or off feet, work less or not at all.. so im taking it its not a bad high risk. im changing over to a different dr, so i havent asked specific questions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Frankly, I think the term high-risk is overused and often a load of bullcrap used to scare and control mothers into doing everything the doctor's way. Not ALL the time, mind you...but often.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 7:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I agree that "High Risk" can be overused depending on the doctor/s. However, it could mean that you're simply watched a lot closer then the typical women, though they haven't seen signs that you need to restrict your lifestyle.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I was high-risk due to my heart - but I wasn't put on any restrictions, just told to take it easy. "High-risk" doesn't always mean loads of restrictions or instructions.
    Anonymous

• don't have an answer but good luck and congrats! here's a bump!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 6:17 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• High risk can mean you just need a little more monitoring, maybe a few more scans. If your child does have ACC, then you will be monitored more, but you won't need to be on bed rest, it won't affect the child's outcome.

Good luck :)
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 6:20 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• The term high risk can mean so many things. Doctors abuse the term ALL the time. Before I switched to my midwife I went to an OB, they told me I was high risk & could lose the baby from then till 20weeks!!! Thats half my freaking pregnancy! to say that I was scared every day was an understatement. I switched to a wonderful midwife who after talking to her about myself and what the doc said she told me I was NOT high risk, there was no reason for them to have said I was. Come to find out b/c of cancer cells I had removed I could not dilate properly. the doc knew I would have a long labor. Well I kinda did but wanted to do it all natural. the ob was prepping me for a csection from the time I started going there. Get another opinion!! If you have ANY doubts then get another opinion b/c these doctors have an agenda of there own! Are they wonderful for emergencies sure! But They tend to turn EVERYTHING into an emergency! goodluck
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 7:01 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• Thank you ladies. Maybe its cause there is a big history of High BP and heart problems with my dads side, he passed 3 yrs ago. but not sure. either way it was just a curiosity that is all.. i appreciate all the info and opinions :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2011