Christians: Was Jesus Crucified on a Cross or Stake? And do you have "proof" to back up your belief?

This question comes out of an answer that I posted to another question. Personally, I don't care, or see how it matters HOW Jesus was crucified, the purpose doesn't change just because of the shape of the object he was hung on. However, some groups see this as a HUGE difference between one and another...

Now, my question is beyond biblical interpretation, what, if anything, supports your belief surrounding how Jesus was crucified? And does it really matter?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 7:31 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Religious Debate

• If he was crucified it was on a tree. He was bound to his stipe and raised a few feet off the ground and left to the animals.
    There's also a school of thought that said he would have been stoned to death

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Oh,History channel lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:35 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I wouldn't care which...because I wouldn't want to die on either.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 7:36 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Well I believe a cross. It was how I was brought up to believe. I have no proof. I don't need proof.
    idaspida

Answer by idaspida at 7:38 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• – collapse
    It matters to you why?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Butterfly, Jewish law required that the body be removed by sundown, but I have seen the "tree" idea on the history channel many times.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 7:40 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Anon, it's a simple question... Curiosity, just like every other question in this section... Learn to deal!

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• – collapse
    I could say the same you you OP. Am I not allowed to question you as you are me?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 (hidden) + expand

• Anon, you are more than allowed to post a question, and you're more than welcome to have an attitude issue, but now that you have "questioned me" and I answered, maybe you can at least have enough manners to answer my question...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• – collapse
    I had no attitude OP. You took it that way. I am sorry I am not allowed to post w/o upsetting you in a public forum. I am not answering since I am not christian. You asked christians specifically in your title. I just wanted to know why it mattered to you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 (hidden) + expand