going nuts

how can i stop my anxiety of always worring about things i have no control of it.and always thinking the worst the worst.mo meds please.

mwood108

Asked by mwood108 at 7:32 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Health

• When this happens to me I make myself a cup of tea and find a quiet place and think about the things I do have control over. This usally calms me down and when I think the worst I then try to think about good things. Talking to a good friend too helps me out to put things in perspective for me. I think the tea helps since I do the non-caffine tea to help me relax.
    bewitchedmom

Answer by bewitchedmom at 7:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I also try to focus on things I CAN control.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:11 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I have always had anxiety, but I started taking meds in July for an unrelated condition. My anxiety became unbearable. I had to force myself to leave the house. I started walking every day. Eventually I worked up to running. It gives me time to think and I've lost weight also. Good luck. :)
    a_brown23

Answer by a_brown23 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 18, 2011

• You need to try out cognitive therapy this will help you change your way of thinking in a negative manner.
    Momabear455

Answer by Momabear455 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have this same issue & held off taking any kind of meds because I was pregnant or breastfeeding now its time to take care of myself but can't do it just on my own i am taking a medication to help me as it can became obsessive & I feel much better. I didn't want to take meds, but I also wanted this problem to STOP.... the constant worrying & anxiety I had about everything everyday....exhausting. GL to you.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011