BACON!!!

Ok, I must be doing something wrong or maybe I don't have the "right stuff" but how the heck do I make my bacon crispy. It's always not crispy whenever I make it. I feel like this is a dumb question but it's starting to frustrate me that I can't make the bacon my family likes.

bewitchedmom

Asked by bewitchedmom at 7:37 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Food & Drink

• cook it longer?
    madsmom314

Answer by madsmom314 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Hmmm....the only thing I can think of is that you may not be cooking it long enough. Or maybe not using a shallow enough skillet? My family likes it cooked in the oven on a cookie sheet. It makes a mess out of the oven, but it works.
    misses_nick

Answer by misses_nick at 7:39 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• cook it longer...maybe try a different type. Mine is always crispy
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We always cook it in the oven in a shallow pan covered in tin foil, comes out crispy every time. Make sure to rearrange the pieces that might be overlapping once they start to shrink down.

shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 7:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• darn it, I forgot about the oven. That I can cook it on my stonewear. Thanks for the reminder misses_nick.
    bewitchedmom

Comment by bewitchedmom (original poster) at 7:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Cook it a big longer at a lower temp so as not to burn. Flip the bacon as it starts to wrinkle and curl. Remember to let it sit for a few on a paper towel when it's done, it gets a little firmer that way.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• In the oven? Just stick it on a cookie sheet cover, it with tin foil? How long. What temp? That would say alot of time on my part. When I make breakfast I make everything!!!
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• i always make sure the pan is thoroughly heated on low heat.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I'm pretty sure that some bacon is also thicker than other kinds. I could be wrong about that, but it seems like the last kind we had was way thicker than the kinds before. Mine didn't come out crispy, either, even though I did everything we usually do. DH complained about the same problem. Everyone else has already suggested what I was going to lol (oven, low heat for a longer time, etc.). Good luck!
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 8:42 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Definitley using the stone bar pan in the oven. Microwaving it (either from raw, or partially pan fried) also gets it good & crispy without burning it. I can't make it crispy on a frying pan either - I end up with chewy fat & burned other parts.
    Anonymous