double question!

when do doctors usually start babies on oatmeal? My son has been on rice cereal since he was 3 weeks due to acid reflux and has been on baby food for about a month (he's 4 months old).

2nd question does anyone know what the symptoms are , or some of them at least if they are allergic to one certain baby food?

luvsgriffin

Asked by luvsgriffin at 12:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I can't answer your first question as my son's pediatrician didn't want him started on any solids until 6 months. However, watching for allergic reaction you will want to look for break outs of rashes, and/or diarrhea. You've probably been told this but you want to introduce new food no more than 2-3 days apart that way if you see symptoms of an allergic reaction you'll know exactly which food it was rather than having a list of foods you need to go back through and watch for a second reaction.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 12:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2008