babysitting job...

I interviewed for a childcare position and we talked and met....she emailed me back and the hours right now would be 7:30-4:30 and she is paying $60 a day. In august she said the hours would be 6:30-8:30 but didn't say the pay. Should I ask her about that now or just wait...and what do you think a fair price is for that its only 3 days a week but its everyother saturday also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• How many kids will you be watching for her? That's a little less than $6/hour so that's okay for just 1 kid. When the hours are extened, make sure she is willing to increase the pay.

You guys are entering a serious business relationship that will need a lot of communication to survive. Don't be afraid to talk to her and ask questions. Good luck to you.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:46 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• So i should ask her how much they are paying when the hours would be longer?? or should i just wait till august??
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• its for 2 kids
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I would go ahead and ask up front.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 8:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Yeah, ask now. And make you are okay with whatever the increase will be. Say "Okay, I see you will be needing extended hours come August, how much extra are willing to pay?"
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 17, 2011