Babysitting/nanny job..

I interviewed for a childcare position and we talked and met....she emailed me back and the hours right now would be 7:30-4:30 and she is paying $60 a day. In august she said the hours would be 6:30-8:30 but didn't say the pay. Should I ask her about that now or just wait...and what do you think a fair price is for that its only 3 days a week but its everyother saturday also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Money & Work

• If you're happy with the $60 at the 7:30 - 4:30 timeframe, that's about $6.66 an hour. For the 14-hour timeframe it would be just under $100. I'd say that's a long day, I'd want to be compensated a bit more, or maybe work out an overtime pay. Whatever you do, get EVERYTHING written out and signed so that there's no confusion at any time and you will feel comfortable getting paid for what you righty deserve.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• If she is paying the employer's share of the taxes, then it is fair; if you will be receiving a 1099, you will need to make quarterly tax payments, and will probably net half.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:44 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I agree, if she is paying the taxes or if you are doing it under the table that sounds fair depending on the number of kids. I would say for 1 or 2 that's fair
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 11:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011