Re-locating to Camp Pendleton...

Well, it's time! After 14 months of not seeing my SO, our now (almost) 8 month old daughter & I will be moving back at the end of February! It will be their first time meeting & my first time seeing him since I was about 12 or 13 weeks pregnant! We will be flying from Florida... does anyone have any tips on traveling with an infant? I know I can hold her on my lap on the plane, but would it be worth buying her a seat, too? Anything I should do before I leave? I know I should probably get her shot records ASAP, but any other advice is appreciated!!

sophiejsmommy

Asked by sophiejsmommy at 7:45 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in General Parenting

• I traveled with my dd when she was a few months old and some tips would be bring plenty of diapers. You never know if you could be held up at the airport and to run out is just not something you want to happen (trust me it happened to me lol). Bring plenty of snacks. Make sure if she uses a bottle or tippy you are able to bring it on board or what you are allowed to bring. Call the airline and just ask them. If you can swing for an extra ticket I would. Its a long flight and holding her that long might get old for her and for you. That way if she falls asleep she can sit in her own seat and relax. Bring books, toys she likes and anything to hold her over on the flight.
    Other then that I cant think of anything? Have fun. My dad was stationed there for 3 tours and we loved it.

Answer by gemgem at 7:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• How exciting. How far are you flying? Has he been deployed?
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• We are flying from Tampa to San Diego... it's gonna be a long trip! He wasn't deployed (has done 2 tours already), we had split up for awhile and decided to work things out... and it's come time for us to move back and be together!!! :)
    sophiejsmommy

Comment by sophiejsmommy (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Jan. 17, 2011