How often do you have to buy your kids new jeans?

DS has a couple pairs that are looking short ish, so time for some new ones. Funny, how different brands and sizing are, the gap ones I bought are still fine, yet same size as the other ones that are too small, lol.
Besides The Gap, any other good ones out there for boys?

minimo77

Asked by minimo77 at 7:47 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• right now my son age 6 is going thru pants like crazy..... he blows the knee out constantly. I'm alternating between buying "disposable" pants from Walmart for about $6 and nice jeans from Gap or Osh Kosh and it doesn't seem to matter what brand/thickness it is. Whatever he's doing in gym on his knees is hardcore, LOL

Funny u post about this, I've been meaning to and keep forgetting
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I like Sears Toughskins. My grandson goes through the knees before he ever outgrows them. The toughskins are the only onces that stand up to him.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:49 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Not often because I try to teach them to take care of their jeans. My 7 year old use to crawl around the house on her knees and we all know what that does to them. She also use to crawl around in the grass on her knees too. If they listen to me and do as I say, then we'll probably go a couple of months before buying new ones, but the girls have tons of jeans. Hand me down from their cousins too.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 7:50 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• when he starts growing out of them is when i start buying new ones. i like going to Old Navy, they have the ones with the lining in it to keep them warm in the winter. i also like childrens' place, they're ALWAYS having sales. also Crazy 8, although you probly haven't heard of that yet, it's a new one, it's the sister store of Gymboree, just a bit cheaper. i hear their first store is here in our area.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• yearly. He's not rough on them

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• my 6 yr old has gone through 3 sizes in the last 12 months and he is on his way to size 7 and then it will be time for shorts :)
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:15 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I get my son's jeans at Old Navy. They seem to wear better than the other brands and they are slightly longer in the leg than most other brands plus they have the adjustable waste band.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 17, 2011