How do you keep from loosing your temper with DH when u r hav'n a bad day?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 7:52 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Relationships

• First, I ask God to give me guidance in how to speak with DH, then I ask DH for a little space.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• go take a bath, go for a walk, ask for my space.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Remind yourself of how much you appreciate him and men don't like to see their women when they are unhappy.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Smile and act busy so he doesnot bother you, lol. I am not sure, because I have not been able to master this yet.
    Aries46845

Answer by Aries46845 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I warn him. I'm in a horrible mood, sorry in advance, etc. It generally does the trick.... and sometimes gets me ice cream.. lol
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 7:54 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I keep my distance, go and fold laundry, do some mild cleaning in an out of the way room, or sometimes put on the headphones, listen to some music and play computer games until I'm relaxing and moving on.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I tell him right away I am in a not so good mood so he should tread lightly. I assure him if it isnt his fault not to worry it has nothing to do with him and when I am calmed some I will tell him all about it.

Answer by gemgem at 7:57 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I just count to 10 and remember that it's not him I'm angry with. Usually he walks in and gives me a hug and a kiss so I kind of forget about my bad day anyway :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:00 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Sometimes that is really hard for me to do. Especially when hormones are raging.
    However, I try to take a step back and do something that calms me down. Watch TV, listen to music, clean, knit, sew .. Anything that takes my mind back for a minute to recollect and remember that he isn't the target. If I do happen to lose my temper with him and realize that I was wrong, I go back to him and apologize.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 8:20 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I try to communicate. Talk about my feelings before I get to that point..
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 17, 2011