How can aI get crayon off walls?

Ive tried using the magic erasers they work ok but not very cost effective, also tried toothpaste again eh, tried rubbing alchohol and it took the paint of the walls. Vinegar didnt work either. Ive got a bday party on sunday and need help fast.

j_cutshaw53008

Asked by j_cutshaw53008 at 12:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Wet the magic eraser before you use it. It should def work. Ive used it for that before and had no problem
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• a damp rag dipped in baking soda works great!!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 12:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Aquanet hairspray or any super cheap hairspray that is loaded with alcohol.
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 12:06 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• If the paint is already coming off from the alchohol then maybe you should just paint over it completely. Some hardware stores will sell small containers of paint so you dont have to buy the whole gallon. And hide the crayons! lol
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• baby wipes
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 12:31 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Thanks ladies! Im thinking it might be the type of paint that my landlord used.... She used flat finish instead of semi gloss or satin. Flat paint is the hardest thing to clean IMO.
    j_cutshaw53008

Answer by j_cutshaw53008 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• magic eraser!
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 4:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Use Orange Clean degreaser and a scrubby, I had two "color bugs" and it has saved me a load on either Magic eraser or deposits. Spray it on, let it sit for a few minuets, then it should come right off. My walls are also flat finish.
    Panditacjp

Answer by Panditacjp at 1:13 AM on Nov. 14, 2008

• Dollar General, not sure where if you live has on of these, has "magic easers" that are the generic brand that work just as well as the orginall for 1-2 dollars for two. I love magic easers but their too expensive for me.
    Rishakia

Answer by Rishakia at 9:12 AM on Nov. 14, 2008