Water Birth?

I've always been curious about a water birth. Ive read that its becoming more popular and read about it in magizines but thats about all i've heard of it. Wondering if theres anyone who has had one and what they thought of it. Im 8 mos pregnant with my 2nd child. First child I had a regular birth. Although its my 2nd pregnancy, Ive seem to have forgot what its like to give birth and the different things i need to figure out.

OliviasMommy614

Asked by OliviasMommy614 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 17, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My best friend did one back in 1986. She said it was awesome and the water was like an epidural.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• I had one. Loved it! It really helped with the pain.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:17 PM on Jan. 17, 2011

• Everyone I know or have worked with that's had one LOVED it! I'd love to have one with my next baby. It takes the pressure off of the back, it makes for a smoother transition for the baby, and it can be very soothing and relaxing for you.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:34 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• I've had waterbirths and been to several others.

Are you looking into hospital, birth center, or home birthing?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:03 AM on Jan. 18, 2011

• going to be delivering at a hospital. its brand new hospital. literally opened jan 10th. they have whirlpools available in all birthing rooms so i know that its available.
    OliviasMommy614

Comment by OliviasMommy614 (original poster) at 10:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011